K&E Knowledge and Employability
- Advanced Placement Courses (AP)
- Fine Arts
- Fort McMurray Junior High Islamic Program
- Knowledge & Employability
- Off Campus
- Post Secondary Pathways to the Future
- Pre-Medical Health Services
- Special Education
- Student Leadership
The Knowledge and Employability program was designed by Alberta Education to meet the needs of those students who struggle with the pace and content of academic subjects. At Fort McMurray Composite High School our goal is to assist students registered in K&E reach their potential and we have a history of assisting students reach their goal of graduating with a High School Diploma.
Students in the Knowledge and Employability program can, with good attendance and effort, graduate with a High School Diploma. To achieve this goal students follow and complete the K&E curriculum as designed by Alberta Education; however, students are enrolled in courses that are appropriate to their highest level of achievement. In addition the following adjustments have been made to support students to reach their potential:
- Smaller class sizes, ideally a maximum of eighteen students.
- Extra support through educational assistants and/or learning strategies classes.
Enrollment of a student into the Knowledge and Employability program must include consultation with, and the informed consent of, parents/guardians and the student.